6th Annual J.C. Montgomery Jr. Child Safety Awards
The J.C. Montgomery Jr. Child Safety Award recognizes and celebrates the accomplishments of individuals in Texas and organizations in the state that exemplify innovation, efficacy, community involvement, and dedication to the safety of all children. This ceremony acts as a bridge to connect these people and organizations to build upon one another’s strengths and create a comprehensive knowledge around best-practices to improve child safety in the state.
The 2016 Award will be presented at the 6th Annual J.C. Montgomery Jr. Child Safety Award ceremony at the state capitol in Austin, Texas.
- Takes an active role in child safety and is a strong advocate for injury prevention
- Designs programs and activities that promote child safety in an innovative and creative way
- Encourages youth to participate in child safety activities throughout the community
- Makes an extra effort to improve or correct a specific aspect of child safety
- Supports individuals that are marginalized in society
(Individuals with disabilities, minority groups, economically disadvantaged)
- Demonstrates the ability to overcome barriers or challenges within their work
- Influences others to carry out safety work
- In addition to the above criteria, every nominee will be considered based
on the diversity of their focus, the audiences served, and the nature of the work
- NOTE: You may nominate your organization or yourself.
If selected, the nominator and the nominee will be invited to the 6th Annual Child Safety Awards ceremony and the nominee will be presented with a prestigious award on behalf of the State of Texas.
Visit the TOPDD Child Safety Webpage to learn more about the CSA's and previous year's winners.
Nomination Application Requirements
In order for a nomination to be considered, all items listed below must be received by 5:00 p.m. (CST) on October 31, 2016. Incomplete submissions may not be considered.
|Nomination Application||Nominee Biography||Nomination Submission|
Complete Parts One, Two, and Three of the
Provide a biography describing the nominee's
background and contributions. Limit 2,000 characters or less.
|Submit the application and
biography using one of the following
|Download Application||By Email: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Submit Online: Click link below or enter in browser search bar
By Fax: (512) 380-4344
Include Cover Page
Attn: Angela Morales,
Subj: Award Nomination
Please contact Angela Morales at email@example.com or by phone at (512) 380-4332 with any questions.