Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
- 1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
- It costs an estimated $2 million dollars to address the needs of children impacted by developmental disabilities.
- Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- Wonderful to celebrate the accomplishments of the #MentalHealth policy fellows today! Special congrats to Apryl! https://t.co/zW0xsQ5yYx — 1 hour 23 min ago
- As if we needed any more encouragement to eat a delicious cold treat! #miracletreatday #DairyQueen #blizzards #yummy https://t.co/fgY9h8ED4t — 6 hours 2 min ago