Download the TOPDD Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- Daniel Vinson, M.D., M.S.P.H. says "I think every young adolescent (ages 10-14) should be asked about substance use," http://t.co/mzTPZEukPa — 2 days 23 hours ago
- #NationalWaterSafetyMonth, go to safety parties on 5/30 at Richard's Total Backyard Solutions locations in Houston http://t.co/1VlNmQ2JyT — 3 days 19 hours ago
- #FASD https://t.co/3PzcYTrrEf — 1 week 2 days ago
- Check it out! #FASDmatterstome https://t.co/SuHvqN7XOT — 1 week 3 days ago
- May is #ChildrensMentalHealth Awareness Month. Did you know that about 1 in 10 children have a mental health concern? #FASD — 1 week 6 days ago
- #childrensmentalhealthday https://t.co/MqVXNWFif5 — 2 weeks 19 hours ago