Download the TOPDD Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- What an amazing day! We are inspired by this great work! Thanks @TXCJA and @TexasCASA for sponsoring this event! http://t.co/vLo2EVVXCq — 17 hours 38 min ago
- Dr. Espinosa discusses #FAS and #juvenilejustice involvement. http://t.co/tsUBASuTUK — 20 hours 38 min ago
- So grateful to have such a knowledgeable panel discussing #FASD and the child welfare system with us today! http://t.co/E497tZVQ3G — 20 hours 53 min ago
- Check out this great video on #prenatal #braindevelopment ! https://t.co/dwS9xKv5sC — 22 hours 40 min ago
- We are excited to have Dr. Mary DeJoseph with us for a training on #FASD & the child welfare system! Great turnout! http://t.co/pX24WvYgWE — 23 hours 16 min ago
- #keepkidssafe https://t.co/VBMRgOsONf — 2 days 20 hours ago