Download the TOPDD Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- #FASD #Success_Story https://t.co/1zlBH3Jwrb — 3 days 5 hours ago
- #childsafety https://t.co/SV1O3PpyG9 — 5 days 3 hours ago
- Day 2 of the Healthy Texas Mothers & Babies Conference! What a great turnout for our presentation on #FASD! http://t.co/D11zYjfE59 — 6 days 2 hours ago
- RT @fasdSocialwork: Pregnant women should not drink alcohol at all, warn experts after confusion over guidelines - #FASD #BMA http://t.co/d… — 1 week 51 min ago
- @ray_calder @CAMHnews Thank you for sharing this important information! — 1 week 52 min ago
- 60% of youth ages 15-17 had at least 2 health or #mentalhealth conditions in addition to #autism according to latest Pathways report. — 1 week 4 days ago