Download our "Minding the Minds of Children" Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- JOIN NOW! Important Conversation about Alcohol Use in Pregnancy.1) Dial:877-916-4518; 2) passcode:67317348# #FASD http://t.co/lQua53x7Yt — 3 days 9 hours ago
- RT @NUV4ME: LAST DAY! All purchases of my #FASD wrap bracelet, 100% commissions to charity http://t.co/P287aejcMu @preventdd @nofas_usa @sa… — 3 days 10 hours ago
- TODAY: Tele-conference on alcohol use during pregnancy from @CDCgov, 1:00pmCST. To join: 877-916-4518; Participant Passcode: 67317348 #FASD — 3 days 10 hours ago
- RT @disabilitystats: FREE WEBINAR starting in 5 mins! Improving Employment Opportunities and Outcomes for People with Disabilities - http:/… — 4 days 10 hours ago
- RT @CAMHnews: "There is no health without #mentalhealth. This is the place we must start." http://t.co/dlc1a9df5e — 4 days 10 hours ago
- Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities headquarters has moved: http://t.co/CzubT68Rrc #prevention #FASDMatters #safety — 1 week 3 days ago