Download the TOPDD Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- #invisibledisability #BrainAwarenessWeek "It is constant coaching, adapting, and modifying expectations," Parent of child with #FASD — 1 week 22 hours ago
- RT @NOFAS_USA: Hear from Morgan Fawcett and other individuals living with FASD in our new DVD "In Our Own Words" available here: http://t.c… — 1 week 22 hours ago
- Houstonians! Have you seen the #FASD billboard on Highway 6 South, just east of FM 52? It's only up for today, so check it out ASAP! — 1 week 2 days ago
- #BrainAwarenessWeek continues! Did you know that prenatal alcohol exposure can cause cognitive and psychosocial functioning deficits? — 1 week 2 days ago
- FREE training event Apr-23 explores impact of #FASD in #Texas child welfare/court systems. Learn More and RSVP https://t.co/VMNg7MKaJe — 1 week 3 days ago
- RT @FASDprevent: What are #FASD prevention conversations? Motivational , woman centered, trauma informed, non judgemental talks about alcoh… — 1 week 3 days ago