Download our "Minding the Minds of Children" Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- #FASD - awareness of the dangers of alcohol exposure in pregnancy is critical for #safehealthybabies https://t.co/xtTcWEmCaA — 1 week 22 hours ago
- TOPDD is glad to recognize opportunities to increase health for pregnant women and their children #BumpDay #FASD #049 http://t.co/2TPNOShqn6 — 1 week 2 days ago
- RT @NOFAS_USA: Brain Study Looking for People with FASD Between 10-16 Years Old. Participants will be compensated for their time. http://t.… — 1 week 2 days ago
- RT @CookChildrens: 16 children admitted in 17 days. Retweet to help us protect our children. #safeswim #childsafety http://t.co/ceJ1tbAPDA — 1 week 2 days ago
- @PreventDD Developmental disabilities continue to rise http://t.co/DIMUiOaftR — 1 week 3 days ago
- #hyperthermia #childsafety https://t.co/cXCMGNtuVX — 1 week 4 days ago