Download our "Minding the Minds of Children" Brochure and learn more about the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities.
Preventable Developmental Disabilities
The prevention of brain injuries is absolutely fundamental to preventing developmental disabilities (DDs). TOPDD primarily addresses the prevention of acquired child brain injury and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
The Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (TOPDD) mission is to minimize the human losses caused by preventable developmental disabilities, especially Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and child brain injury.
The disabilities associated with brain injury and prenatal alcohol exposure are complex and impact every area of life.
Did you know?
1 in 6 children has a developmental disability
The cost of addressing issues that children with developmental disabilities experience is estimated to be $2million dollars per child; the human cost and personal impact cannot be quantified.
Children with developmental disabilities frequently need services from a large cross-section of systems in Texas throughout their lifetime. Accessing services is a struggle.
Living with developmental disabilities creates tremendous stress on the individuals, their families and communities.
- RT @AlcoholJustice: Major findings released re: costs of alcohol harm, advertising impact https://t.co/HkinqUfK6s From AJ's latest eNews https://t.co/dz5sfwIElq — 19 hours 53 min ago
- Way to go Annie! We're so proud of you and your family! #FASD #SucccessStory https://t.co/6Dxp07KxAk — 2 days 18 hours ago
- Way to go Annie! You're an inspiration! https://t.co/cgU3X2DA1E #FASD_WontStopMe! Thank you to @kfdmnews and @HaleyKFDM for the coverage! — 3 days 2 hours ago
- TOPDD is so proud of the incredible work being done by the 2015 JC Montgomery #ChildSafety award winners! https://t.co/pmzGNUvrKj — 3 days 13 hours ago
- #FASDCenter interviews FASD Specialist Dan Dubovsky on adoption & parenting a child with #FASD. Read the column: https://t.co/E8VK1mtkQJ — 4 days 19 hours ago
- Check out our @NOFAS_USA network partner in New Mexico, Jerome raising awareness about #FASD and #prevention! https://t.co/4U97aXofnS — 4 days 21 hours ago